|| There will be six playable characters
in the game! Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy Rose, and 2 NEW characters,
'Big' and a robot named 'E-102'! Even the existing characters' looks
have changed slightly! Amy Rose looks much different than she did
when we saw her in Sonic CD. Each character has six acts to complete,
Sonic concentrates on speed, Amy on running away from danger (? heh),
Tails flies and Knuckles glides and climbs (and he can dig now too!)
All of the characters have new moves you haven't seen in a previous game!
What's really cool is that the storylines for each character are inter-related!
For example, at one point you may be playing as Sonic and get attacked
by Knuckles. When you play as Knuckles, you will enter the same situation
and then realize why Sonic must be attacked!
Now as for stages in the game, apparently, this game is supposed to take place on Earth! The stage names are: "Ice Cap" - The ice/snow level. Mountain with avalanches, snowboarding, and more. "Red Mountain" - A desert type stage with a mine section too. Great to play Knuckles on. "Lost World" - A jungle, below towering mountains. "Lava World" - Images show Sonic leaping from Ash islands floating on molten streams. "Inca" - This level was inspired by Sonic Team's visit to South America. Lots of ruins with trap-littered temples to explore. "Speed Highway" - Classic Sonic environment. A neon city that Sonic can run through, buildings, fountains, traffic! "Flying Section" - Not the official title for this stage, but it's where Sonic and Tails return in their Bi-plane from Sonic 2 and get involved in some shooting action in the air with Chaos. The levels in this game are huge, much bigger than Mario 64 (The game I guess it could be compared to, even though Sonic Adventure really is MUCH better thaqn Mario 64, although you may not think so just from looking at screenshots, but trust me, I have seen this game in action, and it ROCKS). The levels had to be huge to allow for Sonic's speed. If the levels were the size of some of the Mario 64 ones, they could be completed very quickly with Sonic's speed. So the levels are just bigger.
I'm sure you'd like to know the plot for this game too, right? Well, Dr. Robotnik (Eggman) is back, and this time he's in South America un earthing a deadly, primal force known as Chaos. This elemental force is responsible for drowning an entire city, and wreaking terrible destruction in its wake. You may have seen Perfect Chaos in one of the leaked screenshots. Robotnik has been feeding him with crystals to boost his power, and now Sonic has to jump into the story and defeat Perfect Chaos, his minions (which are known as just Chaos), and of course, Robotnik himself.
This game will have aspects of an RPG, Sonic will talk to other characters (Yes, TALK, as in audio), and you'll get to see render-quality characterization in all the animation. This will also be the first game where Sonic talks to human beings! The graphics in this game are extremely great. It's very unlikely this game will be converted to PC anytime soon after it comes out, because even Naka-san said it's diffucult to run this game even on a high-end PC. The Voodoo2 3D graphics card is still a long way off the performance of the Dreamcast.
To finish up here, I have some assorted Sonic Adventure facts for you! The whole game runs at 60 fps, in high-res at 640x480. At the moment there is some slowdown since the game is running on a penultimate development kit,but the finished product should be perfect. There are 6 bonus games, kinda like the special stages in the previous Sonic games. Yuji Naka is planning something to keep people playing and re-playing Sonic Adventure once it's complete! What it is exactly hasn't been revealed yet, but I'm sure it will be great! Remember the A-Life system from NiGHTS? Well, it's back in Sonic Adventure! NiGHTS characters will cameo in the game and SA does support the VMS, where A-Life features. Dr. Robotnik's flying fortress will astound you. It morphs into different configurations, even as Sonic attacks it! A whole level morphing before your eyes... doesn't that sound awesome?
So when asked to sum up Sonic Adventure Yuji Naka came up with the following: "This is the fastest 3D action game combined with the biggest game world ever made in video games."
1. Sonic on a snowboardThe next 44 are pics that were scanned out of the Sonic Adventure show brochure that was available at the press conference!
2. Tails in a city environment
3. Sonic up against a wall in some kind of hallway
4. Perfect Chaos breaking through a building
1. Sonic running through a cave of some sort (with bats!)The next 5 are picture sequences showing how some cut-scenes progress. These were also in the Sonic Adventure show brochure.
2. Knuckles gliding in the 'Red Mountain' stage
3. Tails flying to a floating piece of land
4. Sonic on a bridge
5. Sonic running around a street corner
6. A close-up of Sonic running. Excellent backgrounds in this shot.
7. Sonic running among some dead trees
8. Sonic running on a road
9. Sonic snowboarding
10. Sonic in what looks like the 'Lava World' stage
11. Sonic running along the street (There's traffic too.)
12. Sonic running next to a fountain
13. Knuckles running through some shallow water
14. Knuckles running around in some kind of fortress
15. Sonic standing on a lookout tower of some sort
16. Knuckles climbing up the side of a building
17. Sonic & Tails in their bi-plane, and flying next to a bigger plane or something
18. Sonic running next to a 10 ring monitor
19. Sonic in the 'Ice Cap' stage
20. Sonic running on a ship or something
21. Tails flying over a city
22. Big the Cat
23. Sonic among some mechanical stuff
24. Sonic on some stairs
25. Knuckles climbing another building
26. Sonic with some kind of explosion in the background
27. Sonic jumping away from a big explosion
28. Knuckles gliding through the city
29. Sonic juming to get a ring
30. Sonic snowboarding again
31. Sonic... with a great view in the background
32. Sonic swinging across some bars
33. Close-up of Knuckles
34. E-102 and some flying bad guys
35. Amy Rse with a big mallet
36. Close-up of Tails running
37. Close-up of Sonic running with some city scenery
38. Another close-up of Knuckles
39. A close-up of Sonic running through a 'Radical City' type enviroment
40. Big jumping
41. Sonic fights a boss
42. Knuckles gliding again
43. Sonic jumping... some police cars in the background
44. Sonic and Tails in the bi-plane... with some dark clouds behind them
1. Amy Rose imprisonedThe next 20 shots are screenshots I took myself from the RealVideo broadcast of the press conference! They aren't near as high quality as the ones above, but it's something different!
2. Sonic & Tails in the bi-plane flying after Eggman's fortress
3. Sonic in a battle with Chaos
4. Eggman's fortress
5. Sonic snowboarding
1. A far-away shot of Sonic
2. Sonic running on a road
3. Sonic on a floating platform
5. Close-up of Knuckles
6. The 'new' Sonic
8. Close-up of Sonic
9. Tails flying
10. Tails standing
11. Sonic & Tails in the bi-plane
12. Knuckles running towards the screen
13. Knuckles at a boss (?)
14. Close-up of Knuckles with dark clouds
15. Amy Rose
16. Amy Rose again (This shot came out very dark)
17. Close-up of Sonic
18. Eggman (Dr. Robotnik) standing on a platform
19. Sonic looking at Eggman
1. Sonic (199k)Well, that's all the Sonic Adventure info I have for you for now. I hope it was enough! I'll update this as more stuff becomes available!
2. Tails (150k)
3. Knuckles (182k)
4. Amy Rose (134k)
5. Big (173k)
6. E-102 (149k)